Re: TOSBook etc. (was: Re: TSR blacklist

 >> > if an application supports MTOS correctly (objc_sysvar(6)!),
 >> > then it should not have any problems with MagiC's 3D effects either.
 >>
 >> Oh yes it does! Many of MagiC's 3D-objects are smaller than the ones
 >> in all other AESes, so if you design a resource under MagiC you get a
 >> very unpleasant surprise on Falcon-TOS, MultiTOS, N.AES, Geneva or
 >> oAESis...
 >
 >Well. But they *will* look ok under plain TOS. So MagiC is more
 >compatible to plain TOS than the others.

Yes, indeed.

I've always wondered why MultiTOS and N.AES insist upon making
all buttons oversize when selecting a 3D effect.  Why couldn't
they just figure out a proper AES 4 library that makes the 3D,
but maintains the overall button size?

 >You might not like that view, but this is the main reason why it was
 >implemented this way. You can take old GEM applications, set some flags
 >in the resource, and voila, you've got the 3D look.

Indeed.  1-0  for Magic on AES features.

Martin-Eric Racine          # The Atari TT030 Homepage and FAQ #
FUNKYWARE CREATIONS inc.    http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030