Re: TOSBook etc. (was: Re: TSR blacklist

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Johan Klockars wrote:

> I guess we really need a new way to deal with dialogs so that we can
> stop worrying about these kinds of things, though. Something that could at
> least deal with user defined fonts styles (proportional or not) and sizes.
> There are such libraries for X and AmigaOS that I know of.

It's quite easy to write a dialog-handler that works fine with any
system-font, proportional or not. Just don't make any assumptions and
you'll have no problems.

I've tested proportional system-fonts under N.AES, and to my surprise it
was mostly newer apps that had problems. Most of them has lots of
userdefs, and apparently they have not had proportional fonts in mind when
they designed them.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/