Re: Documentation

Robert Krenn wrote:

> I will not go into all the downpart of Micro$ofts way of
> installing things, or the bandwidth needed to do in one mans
> lifetime.
>
> Anyway I don't think it's a good idea to have .ST images.
> It's a ATARI only format (AFAIK!), I MUST have a Atari
> to check if there is corrupted files after I downloaded
> the file. I would guess that many of us are using a faster
> connection at work or school, and want to test the
> downloads before we go trough the hazzle of copying it
> to disks and transporting it home to our Ataris, right?
>
> //Robert

Yes, .ST is an Atari disk format created for PC's running PacifiST (an Atari
ST emulator) and then supported on PPC Macs running NoSTalgia (ST emul.).  Now
for Atari's there are utilities that allow you to recreate the disk from the
image.  I figured that if this is possible, then it shouldn't be impossible to
have it create mounted virtual disk using the RAM file system.  It is a "made
for Atari" format created by PC people running Atari games and software via
PacifiST.  Everybody and their mother have disk images.  We finally got one.
Sorry that it was created by PC Users.  But I am glad that it is there.  I
just thought if it were possible in the future, one would be able to upgrade
their MiNT system remotely.  I don't necessarily mean now, being that that
would be VERY much to ask for.  But, in the future, if the integrity of the
files is good and the upgrade in question is small, would it not be a good
idea to allow it to be done over the net, a BBS or a network?

Peter

--
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. -- Emerson