Re: FreeMiNT 1.15.0 VIDEL patch

Hi, WOuld it be possible to have the videl patch configurable from
mint.cnf? this patch doesn't seem to be 100% reliable.
A thing like : PATCH_VIDEL=YES
would do it perfectly.

Or maybe rewrite the patch itself to be 100% compatible. (not as a
good idea imo than PATCH_VIDEL).

Also, anyone can explicitly tell me how/what ST_ESCC (whatever the var
name is) does?
Also what is the status of hsmodem in mint. How to use it best? is it
the best solution? any trick? How come hsmodem being so small bin
can't be disassembled and looked at to see what it really does.
hsmodem does create problems. How? I don't know. but it is not THE
absolute patch. fserial for example in some case will be MUCH more
appropriate for mintnet. Is mintnet the faulty?
How about hsmodem.xdd or whatever the exact name. that was made for
mint. What does it exactly do, Should it be used? what does it bring
exactly?
Here I am not asking what the doc says, coz I can read. however I need
some advices from experienced user that had to deal with those issues.
Thanks.

Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/