THING HELP! THING HELP!

  Booted up with Mint/N.aes/Thing v1.27e (registered) just like I always do
  but whoops! No background, no groups, no colors, just my icons, (none of
  the desktop ones either), and that sickly grey background that Naes gives
  you. What happened? The groups are still there in the Thing folder, as well
  as THING.INF but its like Thing is ignoring all the settings. I redid the
  background and placed the device icons, saved, and rebooted, and they were
  there, but not my original setup. I made a change, quit Thing, down to Naes
  and restarted Thing, and guess what? Lost all my settings again. What is
  the deal????? Anybody else have this problem? Note that I've added no new
  software or made any other changes since the last time I booted up and
  shut down. (shutdown correctly with Unic, too). Oh, note that the tools
  and applications I've added to Thing are still there... Go figure. ;(

      /               /   SysOp Of The DarkForce! BBS   /               /\
     /    --T--      /   Phone 1-606-886-9014 Today!   /     /\        / /
    /  -A T A R I-  /   My ICQ # Is 2 0 6 2 3 9 0 4   /  Dark><Chyld  / /
   /      --G--    /   The Fuji -Still- Lives...!!   /       \/      / /