Re: MiNT 1.15.1.beta-1 problems

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Michael Schwingen wrote:

> Not necessary.
>
> MiNT installs its own reset vector, which restores a lot of registers and
> system variables before continuing with the boot process.
>
> If *anything* fails there, the machine will completely lock up - there is no
> recovery from bus errors etc. in that stage of the TOS initialization.

Obviously! That was not my point at all!

> The only thing which can cause the machine to completely lock up so that
> even the RESET button does not work is a reset vector which is pointing to
> some code which crashes.

Yes, and I was trying to suggest that there could be any number of reasons
why it would crash.

> It seems so. Now, what was your point actually?

My point was, that none of this could have physically damaged his RAM
card! Surely everyone can see that??

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.pl.net/~mario/    * Atari Serial Mouse Interface           |