RE: MiNT 1.15.1.beta-1 problems

> > The problem seams to be that the http server is not aware
> that ´.tgz´ is
> > a binary format, and sends the file as MIMEtype text/plain. Some
> > web-browsers seams to have problem with this Netscape at least.
>
> Well, our browsers at the school _are_ Netscape, but other packages
> found on Frank's page unpacked well, as far as I remember, so...

You see, the .tgz naming isn't widely used on the internet, it's basicly

just some DOS users (that understands tar and gzip :) and the MiNT
community that uses it.

So if you have a http server, you usally have to edit the MIME-types so
the server sends the files as binary.

On the other hand, using FTP works all the time.

You say OTHER files download fine. I had a look at GCC that is on that
site and it is named .tar.gz wich is the more common name for a Gziped
tar archive and therefor usally is configured on most http servers.

Regards

//Robert