Re: [MiNT] Re: fatal error handling

> JK>What we really need is a good way to allow programs to modify the
> JK>system behaviour without all this TRAP chaining. I mean, it's a bit
> This good way already exists: TraPatch

Ah!
I remember hearing about that some time ago.

> This (mine :-) ) TSR enables you to hook into a single function instead of a
> whole trap and so the length of the chain could be reduced significantly
> because many programms check for different calls.

Exactly.

> I think I could integrate it into MiNT if it is wanted...

But some TSRs may want to run before MiNT...
Still, this kind of functionality really should be controlled by the OS.

> The only problem is missing support by other TSRs (except mine) :-(

Well, I'm sure we can find someone to patch the most used TSRs (if the
author is unwilling to do so).
I'd certainly be willing to do so for those I use.

> OK, there's a small problem with the distribution too, because it's avaiable
> only in the MausNet (_the_ german Atari BBS network), because I still didn't
> manage to upload it to a ftp server :-(

What seems to be the problem?

> If someone is interested in it I can mail it to him/her

I'd love to take a look at it.

--
  Chalmers University   | Why are these |  e-mail:   rand@cd.chalmers.se
     of Technology      |  .signatures  |            johan@rand.thn.htu.se
                        | so hard to do |  WWW/ftp:  rand.thn.htu.se
   Gothenburg, Sweden   |     well?     |            (MGIFv5, QLem, BAD MOOD)