Re: [MiNT] Re: fatal error handling

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 07:45:07 +0000, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

JES>> Sometimes it's really a black magic to get working programs like NVDI,
JES>> LIBERTY, WDIALOG, NOVA and LETEMFLY together. It would be useful to
JES>  ^^^^^^^  ^^^^^^^
JES> Get rid of liberty/freedom2 completely

Why? It's the best fileselector. Why should I get rid of it? This is not
a solution. Solution is to incorporate WDIALOG into every AES/VDI (if
it's really so necessary that every new commercial SW from Germany needs
it). For this source of WDIALOG [sh/c]ould be released to public (or at
least to N.AES developer).

It's a pity both commercial AESes come from the same country but are not
compatible and their authors do not cooperate. Even if they speak the
same language they do not communicate. What a shame.

As for the LIBERTY, I don't know exactly what extra functionality it
provides, but I am afraid it's just a hack to allow Freedom working
under singleTOS. We'd need more MiNT/MagiC-only (or modern multitasking
OS-only) programs. System extensions like Freedom should probably come
in two versions. One for SingleTOS that could contain nearly any TSR
hack and the other for multitasking GEMDOS/AES 4.x that could be much
shorter, cleaner and should not need any TSR.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer
   WWW: http://cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz/~stehlik/              MiNTOS/Linux user