Re: [MiNT] MiNTlib - new functions

On Sat, 26 Dec 1998 22:04:49 +0200 (EET), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

MR>> In PARCP I use fopen(filename, "wb") for creating a file but I never
MR>> bothered converting the filename to 8+3 if the dest filesystem was FAT.
MR>> I always thought GEMDOS would convert it for me. However I have just got
MR>> a bug report that said copying a filename containing SPACE char is a
MR>> real killer for TOS FAT.
MR>
MR>I seem to remember that UNIXMODE has an option to convert all

I am talking about single TOS on a machine of an average user (or even
BFU). No UNIXMODE variable can be used.

MR>According to UNIXMODE docs I got, it should have converted to:
MR>
MR>file.tar.gz    becomes   file_tar.gz

I have just written a simple routine that would convert the example
above to file_tar.gz. I can offer it to anyone if interested, or make it
a part of MiNTlib (if we agreed on that).

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer
   WWW: http://cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz/~stehlik/              MiNTOS/Linux user