Re: [MiNT] Backing up a Minix partition...

DarkChyld [Ronald J. Hall] wrote:

>Okay, I've got an EZ removeable drive, and what I'm wondering is, can
>I divide it up into 2 partitions, one TOS/one Minix, so that I can back
>up my C: drive to the TOS partition, and my H: (Minix) drive to the Minix
>partition on the EZ. What program/parameters do I use to format the 2nd
>partition on the EZ? Thanks in advance...

First, you need to create your minix partition on your back up drive.
minit -V -n2 -P X: with X being your back-up designation.
The options to minit should be the same formate that your original H:
partition was created with.

To make the back up, cd/H/ to get to the root of your minix partition.
then type " cp -au */X/ " with X being destination partition.

As for the TOS partition, I did not get this to work. I assumed
permissions was the problem. Was just as easy to drag from desk-top,
as usually you have very little on TOS partitions anyway. Maybe someone
else can comment on this.

That's how I do it.
Brent
Thirsk Engine /Ponoka/Alberta/Canada