RE: 3 button mouse (was: Re: [MiNT] X magic)

> AES-applications over network? I don't know about that, you'll need a
> completely new VDI for that (perhaps a driver for fVDI?). And remember
> that unlike X, AES-applications are responsible for all redraws. X
> knows the contents of it's windows, so it can do reasonable fast
> redraws, but constant redraws over a network (like AES/VDI would have
> to do) would be pretty slow.

Well, redraws would be done by the client software on the machine you're
connecting to the AES from. Sending RSC file from the application running
on the server to the remote client at opening time should also speedup
redraws significantly.

As you point out, the main problem is VDI, and strictly speaking: opening
a remote VDI workstation.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.