Re: [MiNT] sending diffs to Apache and others....

Katherine Ellis writes:
 > On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Katherine Ellis wrote:
 >
 > > Python for MiNT.
 > Not on official Python page. (latest we have is 1.3, latest python is 1.5
 > I think)
 >
 > > micq (the author knows about MiNT and mentioned it somewhere, doc? page?
 > > don't remember.)
 > Yes, micq for sure, get the official src. and read the Makefile.
 >
 > > pine talks about MiNT afair.
 > pine official page has a link for atari MiNT port (pine 4.05) pointing to
 > robertK page.
 >
 > > perl same I think.
 > >From what frank said, yes, should be official (didn't confirm this myself
 > though).

I can.  RSN upcoming Perl 5.005_03 should support MiNT.  (The porting
work was originally targeted for 5.006 but I decided to step up the
schedule).

Those of you who want to ascertain that 5.005_03 and MiNT work happily
together can grab the file

http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/GBARR/perl5.005_03-MAINT_TRIAL_5.tar.gz

(not necessarily there yet but will be in 24 hours, you can also try

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/authors/id/GBARR/perl5.005_03-MAINT_TRIAL_5.tar.gz

)
and test that in MiNT.  Start by reading the README.mint file.

NOTE: not all tests of the Perl test suite ("make test") will succeed.
README.mint lists some of the tests known to fail.  Most of them are
failing because of some limitations of the MiNT UNIX emulation, mostly
because of pipe problems, some because of directory reading problems.

In addition to the ones listed to fail in README.mint, also io/tell,
io/io_pipe, io/io_tell, io/io_unix, lib/open3, lib/safe2, op/groups *)
op/lex_assign, op/misc, op/runlevel, and pragma/strict, may or may
not fail.

If somebody would send me an updated list of the failures with the
latest MiNT and with this MAINT_TRIAL_5 Perl release, I could update
the list of known failures in README.mint.  Thanks.

Also, for the release notes: what would be a nice, compact description
of MiNT?  "A UNIX-like free operating system for Motorola 68k-based
microcomputers which were originally sold by Atari"?

*) Guido: we want over the op/group test many times while hacking with
the 5.006-to-be but the op/group maint-5.005 is very different,
therefore our patches are not very applicable.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen