Re: [MiNT] sending diffs to Apache and others....

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Katherine Ellis wrote:

> btw Martin.
> I just got micq latest src from micq official ftp server
>
> Anyway, all that to tell you that latest micq is available for MiNT and
> running very well.
> And that the Makefile mentions MiNT :))
>
> Btw,. How come we always (most of the time) need to change the stack size?

No idea.

Yesterday, I realized that most "illegal instructions" and "buss errors"
we encounter are caused by an insufficiently small stack.

In my case, it's been CC1 always crashing in the middle of compiling
my patched MINTLIB (with the paths changes to concur with FHS) if I'm
doing something else at the same time.

Increasing the stack on CC1 and GCC fixed it and I now have a fully
FHS-compliant MINTLIB objects and headers collection I am using to
rebuild MiNTOS and other things.

Q:  is there any config file somewhere that says what is the default
stack size after compiling?  Or perhaps, a utility (other than fxstk)
that presets this after a compiling job?

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/