Re: [MiNT] Re: -m68020-60 option of GCC 2.8.1

On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 06:15:28PM +0100, Francois LE COAT wrote:
> I tried to compile GCC 2.8.1 following Franck Naumann
> intructions on my HADES 060, but I could't get the
> configure file to be executed entirely. That's a problem.
> Maybe Franck or another person could apply Andreas' patch
> to GCC 2.8.1 so that a correct GCC would be available
> for everyone. Could you be so kind as to do it for me
> and ATARI community ... Thanks a lot by advance ...

Just in case:  I'm currently working (well, kind of) on
that.  I've got the patches that Christian Felsch has applied
for his version of gcc 2.8.1 and am trying to fix the
config stuff.  I will send them to the FSF when I'm done
so that it won't be necessary to collect extra patches for
gcc on MiNT for future gcc releases.

Don't count on the results in the near future.  Integrating
huge patches into GNU sources is a somewhat lengthy process
(there is some legal stuff to do).  I just want to avoid that
somebody else spends too much time on gcc right now.

If I understood Andreas correctly, the patches he sent here
will already go into the gcc sources.  I will therefore
ignore them for my issues.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/
mailto:gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de

I'm an evolutionist; I refuse to believe
that I could have been created by man.