Re: [MiNT] Black crashes

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 05:06:07PM +0200, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> AFAIR, subsequent response from Michael Schwingen reported this was
> caused by the reset vector pointing to a TT RAM address.  Was this
> ever fixed?

A reset vector pointing to TT ram will not cause problems on a TT, since the
TT RAM is not turned off on Reset on a TT.

However, on Falcon/ST/... using Magnum RAM cards, and maybe others
(Afterburner, Hades?), the TT RAM is disabled on Reset, and thus the vector
will point to nowhere - and the only solution is to turn off the machine for
long enough (I recently had DRAMs that kept their information reliably for
more than 30 seconds without power).

The IMHO best solution would be to drop the whole reset vector stuff from
MiNT, unless someone points out a reason why it would be needed - I think we
never reached a decision on that.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen