Re: [MiNT] using MIDI with pppd

> > I wanted to use MIDI to establish a link between my Stacy and my TT,
> > but Syslog reports "ioctl: illegal or out of range value 31250" or
> > something like that and refuses to establish the connection.
> >
> > Since ioctl is a kernel function, should I asume that MiNT is to blame?
>
> Setting the speed on the MIDI-ports doesn't make sense, since they're fixed
> at 31250 :-) Just leave out the speed-setting, pppd doesn't *require* this
> anyway.

I am _NOT_ setting the speed.  It's only PPPD that complains it finds
that port uses an incorrect or out of range baudrate...............

Notice that SLIP (using slattach) doesn't care about what speed the port
runs; it just tries to connect through it and it succeeds.

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/