Re: [MiNT] ERIC SMITH, PLEASE!!! ;-) uname reply - a final proposition

On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 05:29:18PM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> Martin, get real and read the MiNT's legal blurp again. FreeMiNT is not
> MiNT. FreeMiNT is a "software derived from MiNT", not MiNT itself, hence
> it (FreeMiNT) cannot officially use its (MiNT's) name. I am not a lawyer,
> but that is what my common sense says to myself. Perhaps it is wrong,
> though...

However, as long a noone claims the trademark 'MiNT', there should be no
problem in using 'MiNT' as the Name of the whole system (and as output for
uname), even if the Kernel is a variant of MiNT called FreeMiNT etc..

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen