[MiNT] W1R3 and macmint (was MiNTOS versions)

Hi again,

Apologies to the person who sent me the message about W1R4, I deleted it
with a careless keystroke...but from what I remember:

/dev/mouse -- Since NetBSD completely replaces the Mac OS, it probably reads
the ADB bus directly. MacMiNT runs as a mac process, so I can use Toolbox calls
to access the mouse. This is far easier, so I will probably write it
myself... thanks anyway...

Getting the screen address -- this is easy, a matter of one Toolbox call.
The nasty little thing is that if the wserver draws directly to the screen
without the Mac knowing about it, things will get _very_ ugly when other
programs (or the Mac OS itself) try to draw to the screen...
What I've been experimenting with is creating a Mac window and using the address
of the window's bitmap, but this method isn't entirely flawless either.

Please tell me more about your new version of W! I think once I saw a posting
about it; doesn't it support color? If so, this might be a bit more difficult
to port if Atari and Mac use different kinds of framebuffers. What else?

Another gcc usage question:
Is there a way to tell gcc to put a function's arguments in specific registers
rather than using the stack? Apart from writing assembler, I mean.
e.g. an OS trap that takes one pointer in A0 and returns a value in D0.

--
Jonathan