[MiNT] Re: W1R3 and MacMiNT

>Have you used the 'REFRESH' define in server/config.h?  When compiled
>with that, W server will do all drawings to a bitmap and do screen
>refreshes from there (that is slightly slower, but has one small
>advantage with patterned graphics functions described in new W docs).
>That way there would be less places needing tinkering...
Thanks, this will make my job a lot easier (I was considering doing a similar
thing, and dreading tracking down all the places that needed bit copies)

<snip>

>> If so, this might be a bit more difficult
>> to port if Atari and Mac use different kinds of framebuffers.
>
>Well, besides monochrome, W supports currently 8-bit 'direct'
>(chunky) graphics and Atari style interleaved bitmaps (of
>which driver there's a much faster special version that uses
>only one color bitplane).

Hmm, seems it's time to dig up some old technotes and see how the display is
mapped in color mode (I _think_ it's chunky).

Thanks for your reply

Jonathan