Re: [MiNT] Memory protection

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 10:54:08PM -0600, Michael White wrote:

> for fun), and I believe the Hades is just a souped up TT with a
> slightly modified TOS 3.06, but that still leaves the Milan.

The Milan Bootblock & TOS use the MMU quite heavily. The pagesize is set to
8k, and the bootblock initializes the MMU so that TOS sees a contiguous
memory space for ST-RAM (where physical == virtual addresses) and TT-RAM,
where this may not be true.

Extra entries are added for the TOS, ROM PORT, IO space (at $00FFxxxx and
$FFFFxxxx), VME BUS and some internal things (hardware emulation, PCI
interrupt acknowledge cycle, ISA and PCI I/O with modified byte orders).

In short: it would be a good idea to keep the old MMU setup and only modify
it, and not build new tables from scratch.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen