Re: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:25:34 +0000, Guido Flohr wrote:

GF>Seriously, I don´t understand what you need interrupts for.
GF>you remember the GEM++ sources I send you a year ago or so?  It
GF>contained the sources for a window clock but I never got the idea
GF>to hook into interrupts for that.

OFFTOPIC:

That clock was a GEM application. Try to use such clock in e.g. GFA
Basic editor, or guck (file viewer) or anything that does not use GEM.
There are much more problems with ACCs in single TOS. I have been
developing that clock since 1989. I had tried many different approaches
before I decided to write it as TSR and use the DATE/TIME cookies. I
don´t want to go into details here but believe me.

I understand you all want pure MiNT&GEM applications under MiNT. I
didn´t want to discuss Clocky under MiNT. I just wanted to add the two
cookies into MiNT (to stay compatible with TOS for some special
applications like ShowTime and perhaps others). I understand you
consider it ill designed for MiNT. MiNT is Not TOS again. The best would
be to write fully MiNT aware clock. Pity I am too busy to do it now.

I am quite tired of this whole discussion. Let´s stop it. I won´t be
proposing DATE/TIME cookies anymore. I´ll be waiting for reentrant
Tgetdate/Tgettime instead.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer