[Ingo_Godau-Gellert@s3.maus.de (Ingo Godau-Gellert)] [MiNT] Euro-Sign

From: Ingo_Godau-Gellert@s3.maus.de (Ingo Godau-Gellert)
To: owner-mint@fishpool.com
Subject: [MiNT] Euro-Sign
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:32:00 +0100

Hi all!

GF>I think we should sacrifice one of the many superfluous glyphs in the
GF>Atari codeset for that purpose.  Number one candidates for me are one
GF>of the bullets at number 248 and 249.

In my opinion a very good idea. But I like the bullets. Why not the code 239 or 240 or better one of the famous graphics 192-240?
But there would occur a problem: These characters are belonging to the ASCII-Font and in this case this euro-character would be never compatible with one of the standard ASCII codes.
And how many people are using TT fonts where the euro is connected to a UNICODE? This code is far away from the 256 ASCII codes... I would prefer to connect this UNICODE to a special keycode, f.e. ALT-CTRL-E. This decoding could be done by the system - e
ther FreeMiNT or a new ROM-TOS which should come frome the MILAN GmbH...

Bye,
Ingo