Re: [MiNT] Questions about minixfs and mintnet

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Martin Nightowl Byttebier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've a few questions.
>
> 1) I wonder why I always get these warnings during boottime:
> 	Checking filesystem on drive l (l is my minixfs partition)
> 	couldn't sync or lock device l
> 	Warning: reboot
fsck kicking at the wrong time in the init.
I just bypass it here anyway. And do it manually once every week or 2
weeks.

> 2) I also wonder why I can't redial to my ISP without a reboot.
>    I start pppd from the Thing desktop. To disconnect I simply drag
>    proc\pppd.??? to the dustbin.
>
>    For some reason I can't dial for a second time. The modem get
>    initialised but that's all. No dial at all.
This happened to me when I changed provider.
My dial script wasn't perfect and modem change also.

Send me your dial script. (chat script I mean)

Also, you shouldn't need to reboot the whole computer, Just unplug the
modem power-cord if that happens.

3) to disconnect, the best way I found is:
edit a new file called pppd_off for example in your /usr/ucb

in it:
kill -1 `cat /var/run/ppp0.pid`

That's all  and you can drag that to your
internet THING group (very nice from taskbar :)))

oh actually. you need to drag sh in your taskbar and assign your
/usr/ucb/pppd_off script as argument to sh from THING desktop.

works very well.

                                            /
MiNT Is Now TOS, let's move on, shall we?  /
                                          /