Re: [MiNT] TZ rule answer from RFC

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 09:15:47AM +0200, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> > Remember the question about what are the timezones 3-letter codes?
> > (to document TZINIT)  Here's a partial answer from RFC 822:
>
> RFC822 deals with the format of mail messages and is not very helpful for
> our purposes (it is very much restricted to US-American usage).

However, it states somewhere that those letter codes are compliant
with another (older) RFC about proper 'date' replies.

> I will try to collect the information from various documents in Linux and
> HP/UX.  I think I can compile an overview for one of the next FreeMiNT
> releases.  This overview will contain both the common abbreviations and
> the start/end rules for daylight savings time.

Surely others on Solaris and other Unices can help us here too? ;-)
(hi RobertK and Kristoffer!)

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/