Re: [MiNT] _major_ filesystem bug

> I have just been told by a freid the following story: a current version of
> FreeMiNT, logical drive D:, enabled NEWFAT and CACHE (for speed), disabled
> VFAT (for 100% TOS compatibility). Everything seemed to work for some time
> but then CAB stopped loading pages from its disk cache. When looking into
> the CAB cache that man found a lot of files with exactly the same filename
> and datestamp. IMHO (new)FAT should not allow two or more same filenames
> in one directory.

I found out a similar thing some time ago: Papyrus 7 was able to create
two identical directory entries on the disk (again: NEWFAT, CACHE, no
VFAT). Shortly later on Frank said he fixed it.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/
|http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.