Re: [MiNT] uname - was sending diffs to Apache ...

Guido Flohr <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> writes:

|> The thing is a little bit urgent:  Many GNU software packages use a
|> standard script called config.guess (which calls uname) to determine
|> the host system type.  I want to send my patches for the GNU binutils
|> to the GNU folks in the next couple of days and this requires that
|> I also send in a patch to this config.guess script so that future
|> versions of it will correctly detect a MiNT host.

I'd vote for using m68k-atari-mint (perhaps followed by the release
number) as the canonical system name.  How that is extracted from uname
output is only a minor point.

|> So, what version should be our "official" one? (a), (b) or (c) or
|> any combination of that?  This may seem pedantic but it's really
|> important.  My vote: Allow only "MiNT" and "FreeMiNT".  But if
|> really many people use a uname that returns "mint" we will have
|> to allow the lowercase version as well.

So add one more pattern to the big case statement.  It doesn't matter as
long as it is unique.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de                      completely different"