Re: Syscall (was: Re: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies)

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 05:29:28PM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> That's it - internal MiNT functions can be called not only via the trap
> handler, but directly from C code inside MiNT, and yet via the call table
> from for example a filesystem driver.

That will make it difficult to change the calling conventions, although not
impossible. You can do the same as Magic does in the I/O handlers: start
every function with a fixed
  lea n(sp),a0
and when called by the trap handler, bypass that instruction and pass-in a
pointer to the arguments on the user stack in A0.

> Nice. But that's Milan TOS, yet we have Atari TOS to run on.

Correct - I meant it more as an example for what can be done.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen