Re: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies

On Sat, Feb 27, 1999 at 10:57:47AM +0000, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> applications like ShowTime and perhaps others). I understand you
> consider it ill designed for MiNT. MiNT is Not TOS again. The best would
> be to write fully MiNT aware clock. Pity I am too busy to do it now.

In that case, you can write a small TSR which uses Trapatch to hook into
Tget*/Tset*, and _hz_200, and implement the DATE/TIME cookies that way -
this means that only those people who need them have to install the patch,
and it will not slow down the kernel for all others, or introduce code that
we are sorry about later on, when it can't be changed for compatibility
reasons.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen