Re: [MiNT] VBL tasks

>Hi Oddie! (or are you Jonathan?)
Either :)

>On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 09:58:44PM -0700, Oddie Jonathan wrote:
>> hi again,
>>
>> At the moment I am trying to write an XDD to emulate a sun-style /dev/mouse
>> under MacMiNT (w1r4 needs one & jet doesn't emulate it). But I have a couple
>> of questions:
>>
>> 1. What's the format of the m_buttons thing? From what I've seen of the
>>  mint sources, I think it's this: 0x8 in the high byte; in the low byte,
>>  least significant bit is left button, then middle, then right, with 0 being
>>  down... is this right?
>
>FreeMiNT has a builtin driver for /dev/mouse.  If /dev/mouse is opened
>the mouse handler will be changed to the following routine with Initmous():
[snip]
Yes, I already found that bit. Unfortunately,MacMiNT doesn't emulate the
XBIOS, so initmous doesn't work.
For my Mac mouse xdd I need to have a function called fairly frequentlyto
read the mouse, so I thought using the VBL interrupt would be a good idea

>> 2. How do I install a task in the VBL queue (without destroying any others
>>  that may be in there)? And what are the limitations on what a VBL handler
>>  can do (what registers does it have to preserve, etc)
>
>Sorry, not my area of expertise and I don't have a Mac.
I think it has something to do with thedefinition of VBLin "locore.h"
(in the mint sources) and the xbra.h header...but I gave up trying to figure
it out after that. (aargh,the spacebar on thiskeyboard isawful!!!)

Anyone else got any ideas?

Thannks

Jonathan