Re: [MiNT] Reset-handler (again)

On 20 Mar 99 12:47:10 +0000, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

JES>What´s wrong with Petr´s patch? I´ve been using this with great success
JES>on both my Falcon/Afterburner and TT.

It seems that some people have higher succes with integrating their
patches to kernel source than the others.

Also there´s a little problem - some of the kernel patches are not
tested properly on all machines and even if they cause problems for
certain hardware/software setups they remain in the kernel. I remember
somebody reported Videlity (a Falcon screen enhancer) does not work
anymore with 1.15.1.x recent versions. In the CHANGELOG I found some
video changes that might affected that.

I think a patch´s author should take care that his/her change doesn´t
break somebody´s setup. And if it does the author should fix the patch.
If we start patching others patches the situation will be even worse.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer
   WWW: http://cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz/~stehlik/              MiNTOS/Linux user