Re: [MiNT] 1.15.1 beta 1.1

Hi!

On Fri, Mar 26, 1999 at 10:00:06PM +0100, Frank Naumann wrote:
> The Milan version now also support memory protection (040/060). Thanks to
> Thomas Binder for working this out. Memory protection on 060 isn't tested
> yet but schould work.

Note that - when you compile the source yourself - the 040-MMU-support
is not limited to the Milan. It should work on all 040-setups which

- Already use the MMU when MiNT is run
- Don't use transparent translation for user address space
- Have at least one RAM-type mapped linearly (i.e. no gaps in the
  addresses being mapped to)

(If you can't tell whether this is true for your computer: Don't worry,
it's checked at startup. If it doesn't work, you can still run it as
mintnp.prg)

This is done by adding -DONLY030 and -DMMU040 to the compiler options.
It's a good idea to add -DDEBUG_INFO as well.

Also note that this stuff is EXPERIMENTAL. I just started coding on
Sunday, and there are some bugs left for sure.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de