RE: [MiNT] _major_ filesystem bug

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Julian Reschke wrote:

> > > Wrong. The ramdisk and VFAT filesystem is case-preserving and not
> > > case-sensitive (this is an important difference!).
> >
> > OK, so, can we make MinixFS and U: case-preserving then?
> > It would seem more usefull than just case-sensitive.
>
> If you make it case-preserving, you won't be able to have "makefile" and
> "Makefile" in the same directory. I don't think this would be a popular
> idea...

OK... _Now_ I understand the difference.

How would you fix MinixFS and U: to correctly display mixed-case filenames
under ST-ZIP, then?

I used to think ST-ZIP was at fault, but since it works from FNramFS and
VFAT.... I'm sure something could be done to fix MinixFS and U: also, but
what and how??

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/