Re: [MiNT] Bug report

> > > I also noticed a strange thing: With this kernel, zControl will crash
> > > while loading the modules.
>
> The same thing has been happening to me a _lot_ lately, using Xcontrol
> 1.31 and N.AES 1.1.0 with Thing (either 1.09 or 1.27 - same problem).
> Xcontrol often crashes the AES or even the whole system with it, when
> that happens.

I would rather guess that a CPX crashes the system, rather than the
XControl itself. Perhaps I have luck, but I am using XControl 1.31 since
I've got it with Falcon (December 1993) and I have never ever had any
problems with this program.

> I remember someone from this list (Julian?) stating over c.s.a.st
> that the mere presence of TOSFS itself is not hindering anything
> and that re-entrancy is possible when using another FS to access
> the desired drive (in other words, leave it in for compatibility
> - that doesn't mean you _have_ to use it).

No (waste of space etc).

> > All kernels I lastly use (since 0.6 or something) are compiled without
> > TOSFS (because the first thing I do getting new source is undef OLDTOSFS
> > in mint.h, then recompile the kernel). No problems noticed with CAB
> > hotlist or control panels (XControl 1.31) until now, though I admit I
> > still have beta 8.
>
> Please let us know if it's any difference when you try 0.9, since
> this might be where the problem comes from.

OK.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/
|http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.