Re: [MiNT] vcons

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Can anybody who is familiar with the sources tell me, where is the
> "MiNT 1.12 hostname (ttyv?)"
> message we get on the virtual consoles generated from?
>
> Does it come from vcons or login or getty?  It would be nice to upgrade
> whatever is doing this to instead fetch the MiNT version and report it;
> that hard-coded 1.12 looks a bit dumb... *grin*

It's in /etc/gettytab . I just change the version number in that file
myself, but I guess it's no problem to replace the version number with
`uname -r` (mind the reversed quotes). Then it would be automatically
correct.

Maurits.

---

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

          Maurits van de Kamp (maurits@bassment.demon.nl)

    _____    B A S S M E N T   P R O D U C T I O N S     _____
  /     /\\     >> http://www.bassment.demon.nl <<     /     /\\
|      \/   |   / Black Currant                  \   |      \/   |
|   /\      |  |             bc@bassment.demon.nl |  |   /\      |
 \ /=/     /   |  Purple Trance                   |   \ /=/     /
  \\/____ /     \            pt@bassment.demon.nl/     \\/____ /