Re: [MiNT] Back again

On 21 Mar 1999, Barry Schut wrote:

> IBM DPES- drives are good and fast booters, but can't take a shock very well
> SAMSUNG drives in general are fast and bootable.
> Fujitsu has a good reputation in my book too.. but i know nothing about
> their newest hdd lines...
>
> this is all from experience, so it CAN vary from person and TOS/hd driver ;-)

I have had no problems except with an old IBM drive, which I cannot boot
from. I have HDs from Conner, Quantum, Seagate, Fujitsu and Micropolis.
I've also heard that the Quantum Fireball will not boot on Atari, so
that's priobably true, I have had no problems with Trailblazer or various
drives from the Prodrive series. I have to say nono to Samsung though,
they've had _MAJOR_ problems with bad quality of the media.

/daniel