Re: [MiNT] filesystem problems

> Nobody halts. If the cache is written back MiNT must wait until finish
> these operations (missing background DMA).

Ahhh _THAT_ is why!  Now, I understand the problem.  Alle ist klare. :)

Obvious question:  how dificult would it be to implement background DMA
(if possible, using the Magic method so that HD-driver can support it)?

> > > It seems that cp is your problem. cp report a bus error to me if I will
> > > copy lot of files (the bus error only occurs with memory protection).
> >
> > Without memory protection also.
>
> And you know that cp without memory protection can overwrite all data in
> memory? Can you run your system with MP and retest?

I cannot even _boot_ when memory protection is enabled, because the AES,
Thing and INIT violate other applications' memory allocations (AFAIR).
This is especially a problem with Thing because of AV_SERVER protocol.

> > No, it doesn't.  Example:  yesterday, I had about 200 files I was
> > transfering from 5 floppies to Minix.  Minix crashed and took Thing
> > with itself...
>
> Which version of FreeMiNT and MinixFS are you exactly using?

MiNT 1.15.0, Minix 0.70.9, N.AES 1.1.0, Thing 1.27 with MiNTOS.

Martin-Eric Racine       http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage   http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030/
New MiNT Distribution   http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/nmd.htm