Re: [MiNT] New MiNT updates

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Mario Becroft wrote:

> I just obtained the Minixfs 0.70 pl9, the new ramfs and mint 1.15.1, and I
> can't beleive what an improvement it is!
> But I wonder why it needs to freeze at all during disc access?

As Frank replied in responses to my complains, it is because we don't yet
have background DMA access, so if/when there are many files or large files
that somewhat exceed the cache's size, there is a small pause.

> So my congratulations to the helpful MiNT developers who enable all this
> to happen!

Yes, things are moving forward! ;-)

Martin-Eric Racine       http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage   http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030/