Re: [MiNT] New MiNT updates

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> As Frank replied in responses to my complains, it is because we don't yet
> have background DMA access

Well yes, apparently that is the case. However as I am unfamiliar with the
internals of MiNT and how disc access is done the above does not mean much
to me. Perhaps someone could explain exactly what background DMA means and
how that differs from the current system, as well as why that is necessary
in order to avoid the delays which are currently observed. That would
certainly make it a lot clearer for me and I'm sure other readers would
also find such an explanation informative.

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.pl.net/~mario/    * Atari Serial Mouse Interface           |