Re: [MiNT] Problems with recent MiNT beta ver

On Fri, 7 May 1999 03:10:53 +0200, Guido Flohr wrote:

GF>> random freezes - yes

GF>I hope that Christian doesn't get mad at me for this ... ;-)
GF>I had a lot of problems with random freezes when I tested early versions
GF>of Christian's TosWin.

Yes, I used to have them, too.

GF>still use the stone-old TosWin that came with N.AES 1.0.

I can't go back, the new TosWinII is a must :)

GF>Another reason could be alert boxes.  It's more or less intuition, but I
GF>often had the feeling that such a freeze occured in a situation where an
GF>application wanted to display an alert box.

well, I can confirm that. Most of the freezes I got when I was writting
a mail in Everest and then I pressed ^S to save - aMAIL asked whether to
"Send|Cancel" and at the same time it freezed. But this must be caused
by Freedom 1.15 which implements alert boxes in nonmodal windows. Oh
no, Freedom is another must-have, I can't live without it. Perhaps I
could switch the boxes in windows off and give it a chance?

GF>was still compiling.  If qed then displayed it's "out of mem" alert it was
GF>mostly impossible to OK the alert away.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer