[MiNT] Q about MP

Hi,

I have been trying to run under MiNT with memory protection enabled but
the number of not working programs is still too high. Apparently other
users don't have such problems. Will we need to maintain a list of
common applications with their memory protect flags?

For example ST-Guide keeps crashing even after setting its flags to
Readable (as suggested by JES). The type of crash is "free" - what does
it mean, please?

And what about JCLKTOOL.ACC being killed about every second boot with
type "super"? I have tried to set its memprot flags to "super" but it
didn't help. Most surprising is that it's killed only in about 50% of
boots. Why is it random? What is interferring in my system?

Anyway, the worst are the silent freezes of operating system. For
example the JCLKTOOL (I have the source code of this accessory so I
could fix there anything if I knew what) is supposed to send a message
to the AVSERVER to start a program - but with MP enabled it just freezes
the whole system. Does it do on my system only?

Could you please advise how to debug the freezes? I'll try to compile a
kernel with -DDEBUG at first. But I am afraid at the time when it's
freezed no debug keys will react.

Petr
--
E-mail: joy@sophics.zln.cz ; pstehlik@zln.cz              PARCP developer