Re: [MiNT] VDI without AES

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 01:21:11PM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> > BTW, the effect (the messed up screen) is the same that occurs when
> > exiting the AES and returning to a console login.
>
> Show us the source code :-)

What source code?  Of N.AES? ;-)
Mine is simple:

	for (i = 0; i < 10; work_in[i++] = 1);
	work_in[10] = 2;
	v_opnwk (work_in, &vhandle, work_out);

That's already enough to leave the screen in a mess and only rebooting
helps.  If I do "execmtos" and leave the AES the appearance of the screen
is much the same.

I've also tried to set work_in[0] to 7 which is the id of my screen driver
(XVGA with 256 colors and 1024 x 768 pixels), doesn't help.  So is this
some secret know-how?  What do I have to do to work with that resolution
without the AES?

Thanks

Guido
--