Re: [MiNT] Problem with recent MiNT beta versions

Hi Mario!

On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 10:41:59PM +1200, Mario Becroft wrote:
> the program will never crash at a later time. I also observe that the
> machine freezes at random, it usually freezes within a day or so of
> booting it. When it has frozen, the machine does not respond to any user
> input, and has to be rebooted.

Maybe profane: Have you ever tried to install a fan?  I had freezes
in the old days with my STE.  They stopped when I installed a fan and
stuck a ballpen between the housing and the cover so that it stood open a
little. ;-)
Looked really ugly but it worked.

I hope the hardware experts won't beat me for this proposal: Maybe you can
remove the cover for a day or two and see if it's getting better in the
fresh air.  If so, you really may have an over-temperature problem.  On
the other hand, the person with the biggest problems is Martin-Eric Racine
and he's living in the cold north. ;-)

Ciao

Guido
--