Re: [MiNT] update on my situation

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 11:03:33PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> Currently, I use a small Minix partition, because the Ext2 tools
> refuse to work as simple TTP.  It seems they require real CLI.

The most common problem is that the desktop doesn't properly fill the
argument vector of programs (i. e. argv[0] is NULL). Apart from that (and
maybe missing envariables) there is no difference between TTP and
invocation from a shell.

Frank, have you tested if the tools run under plain TOS?

> Something new:   MinixFS 0.71 constantly reports block_IO errors
> or "inode not written when drive free" (or something), whenever
> I copy large directories containing many files.  The strange
> thing is this version _used_ to work flawlessly, on my old setup.

I got messages like that too, but they occured depending on the hard disk
and not depending on Minix or MiNT version.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000