Re: [MiNT] MiNTNet "land" bug fixed

Mario Becroft wrote:

> Having discovered that this network business is not as difficult as I
> thought it was,

I already had a hunch it wasn't, but thanks for confirming it. :) Now
that I'm finally pretty much getting into programming decent languages
under decent operating systems for my job (as opposed to Visual BaSick
and Pascal under Windoze) :) , I was also planning to do something
useful in MiNTnet, in fact I was thinking of masquerading too but
well..:)

I'll start with porting wwwoffle (a very cool cache/proxy module for
offline browsing and "autosurf" features) to MiNT then. :)

Another thing that came to my head (although that just has the status of
a wild idea at the moment) is to create two devices which act like two
connected serial ports (sort of a "software nullmodem"), then have for
example Draconis or Wensuite use one of those devices and make it link
to MiNTnet on the other. That way non-mintnet clients can use a proxy
that runs under MiNT, or maybe even masquerade. :) Now CAB development
seems dead(?) and there are still people lively developing software for
their own little tcp layers, this would be a nice thing to have.

But I have no idea yet whether this is really possible. :)

Maurits.