RE: [MiNT] Memory protection difficulties

--- I noticed this too, but when I managed to enable the copyback-cache
again there is no noticable slowness. It's possible that starting processes
takes more time due to the MMU-tree that must be built, but this is not
noticable on my Afterburner. ---

---- Set the protection-flag to READABLE. ----

> since I use that program very frequently. Also I can no longer quit from
> N.AES because upon doing so, the computer freezes. Also I can't find any

--- I have noticed this too. This problem does not exist with 1.15.0 on my
TT. ---

> control panel program that works well - Z-Control causes a memory
> violation when closing a CPX, Freedom I got rid of some months ago and I

---- Yes... Setting the flag to GLOBAL has helped here, but it still crashes
on occasion. A pity, it's a fine control panel otherwise. ---

> Lastly, and possibly the worst problem since it is unpradictable, is that
> since enabling memory protection, I get occasional (about once every day
> or two) inexplicable crashes where the computer just freezes. It can
> happen at any time, whether the computer is being used at the time or not,

--- I have not noticed this on my Afterburner. Yes, there has been freezes
but they have usually been related to things that normally crash MiNT. Like
running Wdialog twice, or starting GEMbench or Imagecopy 4.2b2 with
copyback-cache enabled. ---

Jo Even Skarstein