Re: [MiNT] ifconfig fixed (please README)

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 11:19:59AM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> >From what I can tell, the prototype was altered somewhere along the
> line in our libs' include, but it just broke something here.

The functions in support.h are generally non-portable.  Their interface is
"subject to change without notice" and now you know why their use is
deprecated.

BTW, just in case, it was not ME!

> > If this doesn't help, please send me the exact error message from
> > gcc and I will tell you how to fix it.
>
> Or, type "make slatach" and see for yourself.  Given your
> experience at this, you should be able to figure out the
> answer in 2 minutes. ;-)

I don't have the slattach sources.  Anyway, it seems like I have already
given the right advice:

#define _unx2dos libc_unx2dos
#include <support.h>
#undef _unx2dos
int _unx2dos (int my, int private, int interface, ...);

You see: You don't need the prototype from support.h, so simply #define it
to another name.  As soon as your sources really mean your private
implementation of _unx2dos you #undef it again.  It's not clean, but using
_unx2dos is not clean at all.

If you're unsure what really happens do

	"gcc -E slattach.c -o slattach.pre"

In "slattach.pre" you will find the preprocessed sources (including all
headers) and you can check if all macros expand as you intended to.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000