Re: [MiNT] an example of broken lib

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 10:24:31PM +0200, Guido Flohr wrote:

> A propos library binding: What if Ffchown() and Ffchmod() is not supported
> by the kernel?  I would suggest to always return 0 for success in the
> library.  For older MiNT versions this is somewhat problematic but it will

The kernel (or whoever decides, maybe the FS) should produce an
unimplemented function error code, so that the lib *knows* that it failed.
Ignoring error codes for programs that do check them is not good idea IMHO,
and might cause other security problems.

Could the kernel emulate the functionality (in a not race-clean way) when
the FS does not support it?

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen