[MiNT] Back again :-)

Hi everybody,

I've been to bed with the smail manpages and it seems like I have my
smtp stuff working again on the Atari.

I have a lot of mails to work up, will take some time, sorry.

Sorry again, but there are some mails which I currently cannot access
because they are stored on the hard disk of my linux box.

Is there an smail guru out there?  The sendmail daemon of my provider
requires that the domain that my smtp daemon introduces itself, resolves.
That means that I can't say "HELO my.phantasy.domain" but I need a
resolvable name.  For now I have named my machine "stud" and my
domain "uni-sb.de" but that's actually not what I want.  Is there a
way to make smail masquerade itself as "stud.uni-sb.de" even if
my local hostname and local domainname differ?  One solution would
be to put the ip address in numeric notation into the HELO message
but I don't know how to configure smail for that.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/