Re: [MiNT] New HSMINST.XDD

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> Why? ;-) You can do all sorts of wonderful things with a binary
> editor ;-)

Well, true ;-)
But which editor do you use? I didn´t know one, so I´v written my own
really simple one I used it for cutting all the messages of AUTO folder
programs short. Suddenly booting looked so ´clean´ :-)

> No, the first occurence of the string is where MiNT search for RSVF.
> The second occurence is the test MiNT does to omit the RSVF-cookie from
> the new cookie-jar.

Ah, ok. Well, but I´ll try Michaels ´second´ new version first and then
see what happens.
If it still doesn´t work, well, then I might consider ´patching´ MiNT.
But it´s not a really clean solution - but still better than nothing, I
admit :-)

> I suggest that you simply run HS-Modem before MiNT and ditch everything
> else.

Well, that´s what I did. But there´s a huge bugreport to comne with my
next mail :-)

> If HS-Modem itself works properly on your Milan you shouldn't have
> any problems.

That´s the question. *Does* HSModem run properly? It does with Connect,
StarCall or whatever. But all these programs don´t use a fcntl call, do
they? That´s where all debug messages stop if I only use HSModem. Well,
see my next mail!

Cheers, Ingo =;->